This is a two day course.
During the first day the emphasis is spent on refreshing the participants to the core values of technical selling to their core market. Specific focus is provided on maximising the effectiveness of their time and territory management, pre call preparation and recalibrating themselves to the core principles of technical selling methodology. It also includes how to best profile their customer sites to realise the maximum number of contacts from them.
The second day sees a shift towards focusing on solution selling methodology, which is specifically tailored using your company’s product/service portfolio and the best approach to their target customers using these principles.
Throughout the training, reference will be made to the importance of establishing needs with the customers to therefore better engage with them before highlighting an appropriate product to present to them. By undertaking these stages more comprehensively, the meeting is far more likely to conclude in securing a commitment or an order.
Specifically, the seminar will consist of:
A review of the technical sales process to maximise the effect of the consultative selling style and the second day focus on Need establishment using solution selling principles
- Time and territory management and prioritisation
- Pre call planning
- Site profiling
- Setting pre call objectives
- The technical sales process cycle
- Communication and Body Language
- Key questioning skills
- Competitor awareness
- Utilising company resources to best effect
- Establishing a genuine need
- Assessing the situation needs
- Questions to determine problems
- The implication of the problems to the customer
- The value questions to ensure the customer can self-realise the benefit
- Building the commercial case to buy your product/service
- Phases of negotiation
- Gaining commitment
- Closing skills